Stand up to unpredictable weather and unforeseen outages with the most trusted name in residential standby power. When the power goes out, your Generac standby generator goes on – automatically – protecting you and your home 24/7.
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][maxbutton id=”12″]
Imagine your home without power.
While more families have chosen a Generac home standby generator more than any other brand, they didn’t all do so for the same reasons. What would your family miss during a power outage?
- Refrigeration/freezer – food spoilage
- Furnace – frozen pipes, heat
- Air conditioning – mold growth, comfort
- Sump pump – flooding
- Internet, cell phone chargers, tv – lose contact with the outside world
- Lighting – inside and outside
- Cooking, bathing, and washing clothes
- Charging power tools for use during the emergency and post outage cleanup
- Keeping the kids occupied with tv, video games and internet
- Monetary loss from hotel costs, eating out, personal property damage, unexpected expenses
How it Works…
If Your Power goes out, Your Generator goes on – Automatically
The generator system consists of a generator and transfer switch. The generator sits outside of your home or business just like an air conditioner, while the transfer switch is
located next to the main breaker box, and in some cases replaces it entirely. An automatic standby generator works by monitoring utility voltage 24/7. When your electricity is interrupted, the generator detects the problem and goes to work. The automatic transfer switch safely disconnects the utility line and transfers to generator power. Power is simultaneously restored within seconds. Once the utility is restored, the generator returns to standby mode.
What Size Generator do I need…?
8-14 kW Guardian Series generators provide either essential circuit or managed whole house coverage, depending on the transfer switch option:
- Powered by the Generac OHVI® engine, designed specifically for generators
- Easily connects to existing LP or natural gas fuel supply; quickly converts in the field
- Composite mounting pad included, making installation easier in places where a concrete pad is not required
- Galvanneal steel enclosure features RhinoCoat™ finish for superior weather protection; withstands winds of up to 150 mph
- TruePower™ technology provides clean, smooth operation of sensitive electronics and appliances
- Choose the pre-wired EZ Switch™ for essential circuit coverage or the Nexus Smart Switch™ with load shedding capabilities for managed whole-house coverage
17 and 20 kW Guardian Series generators offer additional, premium features:
- Aluminum enclosure provides excellent protection in salt air coastal areas (optional on 17kW)
- Quiet-Test™ weekly self-test mode runs at a lower RPM and is quieter than other brands, consumes less fuel, and produces fewer emissions
- External GFCI outlet